News from November 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

S6000673

It is hard to believe that we have been back in the UK for five months and the time has come again to pack our bags and say our good byes. We head back to Uganda on Tuesday 2nd. We will welcome the warm weather !

It is always sad to say good bye but we also look forward to the time ahead and seeing what God has in store back in Uganda.

We look back on our time back home with gratutude for all we have been able to see and do. It has been so special to spend time with family and friends and renew old acquaintances. And there are always more people we would like to have seen.

We value your prayers as we settle back to life and work in Kiwoko.

Mpkenandjudith Posted by Ken & Judith Finch on Tue, 02 Dec 2008 | Visit Ken and Judith Finch's blog

An ‘Extra – Ordinary’ Day...CMS Ireland Sunday Celebrated Across Ireland

Sarah_and_myrtle

“A real gift”, “a blessing” and “very challenging” – just some of the feedback from churches following this year’s CMS Ireland Sunday. Under the theme of ‘embracing the ordinary’ CMS Ireland Sunday saw a team of more than 20 speakers and 40 churches celebrate the beginning of Advent with a focus on mission in everyday places.

Continue reading

Posted by Colin Corbridge on Mon, 01 Dec 2008

Burundi approaches

Prayer letter No. 10
1 December 08

Greetings from Belfast. Last month, as well as having French lessons, preparing for the Islamics course and serving at the YWAM Belfast base, was a time of praying, talking and seeking God’s will with YWAM and iNet for my next steps.

Continue reading

Alison_28_march_2011_001 Posted by Alison Gill on Mon, 01 Dec 2008 | Visit Alison Gill's blog

Marathon photos

Marathon_002

A few of pics of how it felt before during and after…

Continue reading

Mpkenandjudith Posted by Ken & Judith Finch on Sun, 30 Nov 2008 | Visit Ken and Judith Finch's blog

'Addicted to Aid' - A Response

Sorious

In response to the BBC’s recent Panorama programme focusing on the effectiveness of international aid, Ian Smith, CMS Ireland’s Director of Mission commented, “We are delighted that the BBC has brought the complex issue of accountability in international development to the public’s attention.”

Continue reading

Posted by Colin Corbridge on Fri, 28 Nov 2008

Fast Track for Healthline Sudan

Bishop_peter_and_poppy_catch_up_during_the_recent_visit

We recently visited the Diocese of Lainya to meet the Bishop again and to check up on progress with the new Healthline Sudan Primary Health Care Centre, being funded by Irish Aid. As the photographs show, the building is coming on extremely quickly and we saw the result of just four weeks’ work

Continue reading

Spens Posted by John and Poppy Spens on Thu, 27 Nov 2008 | Visit John and Poppy Spens's blog

It's all go at Gambella

Signing

The Gambella education and peace building programme in Ethiopia has been 75% funded by Irish Aid. As the work commences on the ground in Gambella, close to the Sudan border, the challenge now is how do we raise the remaining 25%.

Continue reading

Img_4014 Posted by David Gough on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 | Visit David Gough's blog

Introducing New Links in Ethiopia...

Irish_ambas_ethiopia

Earlier this year CMS Ireland secured nearly €500,000 from Irish Aid towards the development of a new mission and development centre in Gambella, Ethiopia.

Gambella is one of our newest partnerships and in the upcoming edition of inMission magazine we begin to explore why these links are significant for the local church…

Continue reading

Posted by Colin Corbridge on Thu, 20 Nov 2008

DR Congo and Our Limited Attention Span...

So I haven’t posted for a month or so – please forgive me!

I’ve enjoyed a couple of weeks off and since my return have been pretty much immersed in helping to produce the upcoming edition of our latest magazine. It’s looking good and should be available for download next week.

While I’ve been away it’s struck me how quickly things change…

Just a week ago events in DR Congo were headline news on the BBC and ITV websites but now, if you want to find out what’s going on, you have to dig deep into the Africa pages…

Continue reading

Spike Posted by Colin Corbridge on Wed, 19 Nov 2008 | Visit Spike Corbridge's blog

'Hadithi' - A Night for Sharing Stories...

Hadithi

At the end of November we are hosting two Focus Nights which will give members and supporters an opportunity to engage with CMS Ireland’s work in Kenya.

The evenings will be taking place on the 26th and 27th November in Lisburn and Enniskillen (more details below) and the theme for both evenings is ‘hadithi’ – a Kiswahili word meaning ‘story’.

We’d love you join us…

Continue reading

Posted by Colin Corbridge on Tue, 18 Nov 2008