Hakuna Matata Team Commissioned

Kenya_commissioning_3 Posted by hakuna matata on Wed, 24 Jun 2009 | 12 comments | Bookmark: digg this Post this to del.icio.us Post this to Facebook

The Kenya youth META team ‘Hakuna Matata’ were commissioned on Sunday night in Warringstown Church of Ireland.

Rev Liz Hanna gave the address, challenging the team to give over their worries and fears to God for their time in Kenya and when they come home.

The team are from a variety of parishes, primairily in Northern Ireland and Dublin, comprising of nine guys and nine girls.The team of 18 are heading out to Kajiado Diocese in Kenya for just over three and a half weeks on Sunday 5th July.

The team will be kept very busy whilst there by working alongside the youth team at Kajiado Cathedral, helping with repairs to the primary schools focused on the ‘Footsteps’ Lenten dvd , schools work and taking part in church services.

They are a fantastic bunch of very talented individuals who make up an impressively talented team . . .

Please do remember to pray for the team as they head off .

There will be weekly updates to see how they are doing in Kenya so please keep posted for these.

Comments

Victoria Harrison said Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:08PM
^^ Are we playing the "complete that sentence" game? O.K. 10 days to go - how exciting - cant wait to go out and receive the blessings that [Jesus has planned and promised for us as we venture abroad to proclaim the Gospel as servants of Christ.] Am I right? :P O.K. I'm kinda getting excited about the trip now... I just finished a dance show in Belfast there on Thursday and Friday so now I'm getting round to buying bug spray, collecting tablets from teh doc's and preparing physically, mentally and spiritually for the "BIG TRIP"! Over and out trout! + Jesus Love! xD
Julz said Mon, 29 Jun 2009 03:15PM
loving the idea of "complete that sentence" . . . we may be playing it frequently in Kenya!! A bit manic at mo finishing up stuff before we go - at least I had no exams to sit! U guys are great . . . lets hope I will be still saying that after three weeks and a bit x
Only 6 sleeps to go now guys (and the occassional nap!) really starting to look forward to it now...get me on a plane! (my kitten is walking all over the keyboard as i write this!) so yes i was saying... BRING IT ON!!!
Chrizzle said Mon, 29 Jun 2009 06:57PM
Youtubed "keyboard cat" and found this... You'll love it J Dizzle... or should I say "J Unit" (just cause it's also a good gangster name)! :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ&feature=fvst ^^ click me! :D
J Unit said Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:58AM
sweet video chrizzle or should i say C-DAWG. my cat will get their eventually...had her doing backflips from the ground and landing on tables earlier! i hope your gonna be bringing plenty of game to the MINISTRY OF FUN!!!
C-DAWG said Tue, 30 Jun 2009 05:11PM
Plenty of games? My life is one big game so no sweat there! I'm also seriously considering re-introducing old school games such as 'Rock Parer Scissors', 'table football', 'Mercy', 'charades', etc. What you think dude? :P This WILL be the Mission that dreams are made of! :D
C-DAWG said Tue, 30 Jun 2009 05:12PM
EDIT ^^ 'Rock Paper Scissors'! <- Dyslexia! Sigh! :)
J-Unit said Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:39AM
yea im particularly liking the idea of mercy and what about slapsies! games that involve pain are a treat! im looking up airport games now...cant wait to see what google throws up!
Kathryn said Thu, 09 Jul 2009 02:33PM
Hi Vic and all the team in Kenya, I hope you've arrrived safely - take care, you'll be in my prayers. Kat x
Judith said Sat, 11 Jul 2009 07:48PM
Hey Vic and team. Thinking of you here in not so sunny Northern Ireland. Hope all is well, C u soon x
Susanne Rowe(Julie's sis) said Fri, 17 Jul 2009 01:49AM
I wonder if it's hot,hot,hot over there!! We are thinking and praying for you all and hoping that you are having a great time. Love from hot,hot,hot Colorado