New for 2017
Launching on 16th January. You can pre-order your materials now!
Order the 2017 Children’s Resource Material Online
Growing in God explores global mission, with a particular focus on the work of the Urban Development Programme (UDP) in All Saints’ Diocese Nairobi, Kenya. Using stories from the gospels and examples from the global Church, the material looks at the importance of knowing God and growing as a disciple.
You will learn about nurturing children within communities in Kenya – providing good foundations for them to grow, learn and reach their full potential.
The pack includes original material for four sessions, with DVD films and activity workbooks. It is aimed at 4-15-year-olds and is a great resource for churches who want to encourage a greater interest in global mission.
Resource Packs and additional material can be ordered from the CMSI offices or by completing this online form
The CMSI Children’s Resource
Every year, CMSI produces a Children’s Resource (also known as the ‘Annual Project’) for use by Sunday Schools, churches and school groups in Ireland.
By producing and promoting the Children’s Resource each year, CMSI seeks:
- 1. To help children and young people understand more about global mission.
- 2. To help inform and educate churches about the work of our Global Partners.
- 3. To educate children and young people about a particular country and share something about how the Church there is sharing God’s love.
- 4. To raise funds for a particular mission project of the featured Global Partner.
The focus of the Children’s Resource changes each year – a different country, a different Global Partner, a different type of project. Recent projects include:
2011: Living Stones [Burundi]
2012: The Beautiful Gate [Nepal]
2013: All Things New [South Sudan]
2014: God’s Big Family [Special Edition highlighting all of our Global Partners]
2015: Little Lights [DR Congo]
2016: The Meeting Place [Uganda]
The Resource Pack
We provide the following material with each Resource Pack:
• Leaders’ Guide – including: background information on the country, the Global Partner and the project; guidelines on using the material; session outline for each age group; material for teens.
• Children’s Workbooks – Material for four sessions for three different age groups, including: Country Information; Craft Activities; Memory Verses; Dramas and Games. Each session uses a themed Bible story. A single copy of each workbook is included in the pack – they are easy to photocopy. Additional workbooks are also available for purchase.
• DVD – with four short films that help the children find out a bit more about the special focus of the resource. There’s also a slide show and DVD-ROM material.
You can view some of the material from the 2015 resource, Little Lights, by clicking on the appropriate links below.