LAUNCHING ON 1ST FEBRUARY
Order your Children’s Resource Material Online
The Meeting Place: Bringing People Together
On 1st February 2016, CMSI will launch its Children’s Resource for 2016, in the CMSI Belfast Offices on Dargan Road (7:30pm). The material will also be available at a number of other ‘pit stops’ and gatherings throughout February:
3rd February 7:30pm – Children’s Resource Pit Stop, Banbridge
3rd February 7:30pm – Children’s Resource Pit Stop, Dungannon
6th February 11am – CMSI Brunch, Dublin
9th February 7:30pm – Children’s Resource Pit Stop, Coleraine
13th February 11am – CMSI Brunch, Enniskillen
14th February 3pm – Children’s Resource Pit Stop, Ballymena
20th February 10:30am – Parish Reps’ Brunch, Belfast
The Meeting Place explores global mission, with a particular focus on Uganda. Using stories from the Bible and from the Global Church, the material highlights the importance of gathering people together, to learn, to play and to grow.
The pack includes original material for four sessions and includes DVD films and individual workbooks. It is aimed at 4-15 year-olds and is a great resource for churches who want to encourage a greater interest in global mission. There’s also an opportunity to raise funds in support of the work of the Church in Madi West Nile Diocese, Uganda.
Resource Packs and additional material can be ordered from the CMSI offices or by completing this online form
The CMSI Children’s Resource
Every year, CMSI produces a Children’s Resource (also known as the ‘Annual Project’) for use by Sunday Schools, churches and school groups in Ireland.
By producing and promoting the Children’s Resource each year, CMSI seeks:
- 1. To help children and young people understand more about global mission.
- 2. To help inform and educate churches about the work of our Global Partners.
- 3. To educate children and young people about a particular country and share something about how the Church there is sharing God’s love.
- 4. To raise funds for a particular mission project of the featured Global Partner.
The focus of the Children’s Resource changes each year – a different country, a different Global Partner, a different type of project. Recent projects include:
2011: Living Stones [Burundi]
2012: The Beautiful Gate [Nepal]
2013: All Things New [South Sudan]
2014: God’s Big Family [Special Edition highlighting all of our Global Partners]
2015: Little Lights [DR Congo]
The Resource Pack
We provide the following material with each Resource Pack:
• Leaders’ Guide – including: background information on the country, the Global Partner and the project; guidelines on using the material; session outline for each age group; material for teens.
• Children’s Workbooks – Material for four sessions for three different age groups, including: Country Information; Craft Activities; Memory Verses; Dramas and Games. Each session uses a themed Bible story. A single copy of each workbook is included in the pack – they are easy to photocopy. Additional workbooks are also available for purchase.
• DVD – with four short films that help the children find out a bit more about the special focus of the resource. There’s also a slide show and DVD-ROM material.
You can view some of the material from the 2015 resource, Little Lights, by clicking on the appropriate links below. There’s also a chance to watch one of the films available on the Little Lights DVD.