COMING SOON: LITTLE LIGHTS – CMSI CHILDREN’S RESOURCE 2015
Further information will be available here at the beginning of January.
Every year, CMS Ireland produces a Children’s Resource (also known as the ‘Annual Project’) for use by Sunday Schools, churches and school groups in Ireland.
By producing and promoting the Children’s Resource each year, CMS Ireland seeks:
- 1. To help children and young people understand more about global mission – and their part in it.
- 2. To help inform and educate churches about the work of our Global Partners and to encourage support for these Partners through prayer, friendship and finance.
- 3. To educate children and young people about a particular country and share something about how the Church (our Global Partner) in that country is sharing God’s love.
- 4. To raise funds for a particular mission project of the featured Global Partner.
The focus of the Children’s Resource changes each year – a different country, a different Global Partner, a different type of project. Recent projects include:
2008: Footsteps [Kenya]
2009: Start Small, Grow Tall [Rwanda]
2010: Hands On [Uganda]
2011: Living Stones [Burundi]
2012: The Beautiful Gate [Nepal]
2013: All Things New [South Sudan]
To help mark CMSI’s 200th Anniversary, the 2014 Children’s Resource took a slightly different approach. Rather than focusing on one particular country, the resource shared something about all of our Global Partners, working across nine countries. It was a chance to celebrate CMS Ireland’s bigger story and to help children to explore the diversity of the worldwide Church – God’s Big Family.
The Resource Pack
We provide the following material with each Resource Pack:
• Leaders’ Guide – with some background information on the country, the Global Partner and the project, as well as guidelines on how best to use the material and material for teens. There’s also a session outline for each age group (including teens) for each week.
• Children’s Workbooks – Material for 4 Sunday School sessions for 3 different age groups, including: Country Information; Craft Activities; Memory Verses; Dramas and Games. Each session uses a particular bible story which ties in with the theme of the project. A single copy of each workbook is included in the pack and they are easy to photocopy. Additional workbooks are also available for purchase – and many churches now choose this option for their children.
• DVD – with 4 short videos that help the children find out a bit more about the special focus of the resource (we film these in-country in the Autumn prior to launching each project)
You can have view some of the material from the 2014 project, God’s Big Family, by clicking on the appropriate links below.